Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dianna - Hello from Canada! 10/21/09

I made it safely to Canada! It isn't quite as cold as I was expecting but President and Sister Simpson said that it is unusually warm. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I just found out about an hour ago who my companion will be and where I will be serving. My companions name is Sister Moss and we will be in the Halifax Metro area. That's great because that means we can go to the temple on our preparation day if we have time. :)

Oh My Gosh!! Anne of Green Gables didn't just stop being everywhere when I left! Last night and tonight I am staying at the Mission home and the room I'm staying in is called the "Anne" room. When they said that I'd be staying in the Anne room I had no idea what they were talking about, until I walked in...! There are 2 pictures about Anne of Green Gables on the wall, a doll of Anne the size of those American Girl dolls, the book is on the side table, and the best part of all is the Embroidered pillow!!! I'm going to take a couple pictures of it so you can see that I'm not exaggerating. It's hilarious!!!I'm just loving the people so far and Sister Moss seems pretty cool, as far as I can tell. I don't actually meet her until tomorrow. The good news is that we get a car!!!! The bad news is that before the end of the year they are supposed to get rid of 13 of the mission cars!!!!And the said Sister Moss might be one of those people who will lose one. :( And they said that when we don't have a car, we walk. I don't think they use bikes here. They might though, we'll see. So I went to the temple this morning and it was a great experience. Wednesday is P-day for my mission so there were a lot of missionaries at the temple. It's one of those small, cookie-cutter temples and man are they SMALL!! The rooms are just so tiny and they filled it up full and with extra chairs. It was still a great experience. Oh, and the person I went through for today, her name was Minnie Nichols! How cool is that!! I just love the temple!

Well, I think that is all I have to say at the moment, mind you I will have something to add 10 minutes after leaving the computer, but I guess that will have to wait. I love you all very much and thanks again for writing!!!

Love,Sister Nicholls

No comments:

Post a Comment