Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dianna 12/5/09

I have SO much to tell you! Brace yourself! First off, thanks for the pictures :) I printed them out and put them on my bulletin board. They're my favorite (and only) pictures.
I realized that I didn't do a good job describing my life here. That could take a million years and pictures to explain, but I'll give you a little taste. We have the funkiest church building EVER. The building itself is nothing exciting but where it is... It's on top of a HUGE hill and there are 3 parking lots on the way up. We call them the Telestial, Terrestrial, and Celestial parking lots, because the higher up you park the closer you are to the church and less walking you have to do. It's funny...especially when it's raining.
My branch is awesome! It has 80 members, and there are only about 30 that come each week. BUT what's really good is that the branch missionaries are AMAZING!! They help us SO much, and the branch president is practically still a missionary, he does so much. He and his counselors call us about once a week to see how it's going. So much support.
We have this one investigator who came to church BEFORE we met him. His name is Joe and he's from China. He lived with the Stake President in New Brunswick for a year and went to church and seminary there. Now he's here for college and coming to the YSA branch. He's practically a member and I'm almost positive that he'll be baptized within the month. It's really exciting :)
Want to know something crazy? It didn't snow here for almost a month! It snowed one day at the beginning of November but then nothing until yesterday and it wasn't all that bad. It looks like I'm going to need to go get boots now.
I still have moments where I think "What am I doing? How did I get here?" The idea of being a missionary is still new to me. It's quite an experience. And weird.
My Thanksgiving was AMAZING!!! Sister Simpson called us in the morning and invited us to join them and all the senior couples in the mission at the mission home for dinner (1 pm). It was so great, we were so lucky, we were the only set of normal missionaries there. And THEN we remembered we had a dinner appointment at 4:30 so we ate 2 Thanksgiving dinners and we weren't allowed to tell any of the Elders. Sister Moss and I gave each other funny looks during the second dinner because we felt like we were going to pop open!!! We survived though, no worries.
Someone we talked to on the street told us that we should sell cars because we are really convincing. It's true, this particular guy, we gave him a pass-along card, he gave it back, and then asked for it again!! We aren't teaching him but he will definitely think about it. It was a good compliment.
So, transfers are tomorrow and Sister Moss and I totally thought we were free from any change, but no. We are getting a 3rd sister!! I don't know her but Sister Moss does. Her name is Sister Olsen and she has been here a transfer longer than me but she is extremely homesick. That's not going to be fun to be around. Sister Moss is positive that I'll love her though so I'm not worried.
I still have a lot I could say, but it will have to wait. I love you all very much and hope all is going well.

Love, Sister Nicholls

No comments:

Post a Comment