Sunday, January 16, 2011

Andrew Update - 16 January 2011

Not Linderos - 10 January 2011

Well, some nice news.

I am no longer in Linderos. My last Sunday there, basically nobody talked to me, nor said good bye. This Thursday, the some members from the Branch called our zone leaders, and they set up an appointment behind the Branch Presidents back. They all talked smack about me and my companion the entire meeting, and asked the zone leaders to do something about it. When they zone leaders talked to me about it, they ignored everything they had said, and asked me to keep working the same way I already was. Because they work with me every once in a while, and know everything that is going on. But the members there were really getting on my nerves, with causing all that contention and bad spirit. Some other news- my companion is no longer with me!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, that last change was harder than week old bread. I did not write anything bad, because he would screen watch me every minute or so, to make sure I was not "breaking rules"... Whatever he was thinking... I do not know.

Well Dianna, do not be jealous, but I am going to be a Father! I am going to have a son! Meaning- I am going to train! And since I am moving sectors, I am training in a whitewash! For those of you who do not understand this, it means that two new missionaries arrive to the same place at the same time, and have to start from nothing. We have no baptismal dates, and not many investigators really. My son arrives tomorrow afternoon, so I am with another missionary who is also going to train until tomorrow. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that, my week has been normal. The coolest thing is that Alessandro is going to be baptized next week, and wanted me to baptize him, but I will not be there, so he is super sad. But to say good bye, he came out to work with us every day for 3 days straight. 6 hours a day. This guy is so awesome, and helps so much. He is not even baptized yet, but he gives such a powerful testimony, and really helps a lot of people listen, gather faith, and have desires to learn more. He is so awesome. Well, not much other news. OH! I am now in Santiago! I am in a place called Las Araucarias. It is part of a place called La Pintana, which is one of the most dangerous places in the mission. SWEET! This zone is known for having many muggings, robberies, theft, and shooting. SWEET! There was actually a missionary that was my zone leader who was shot around here, but "amazingly enough" the bullet went through his shirt, but not through his undershirt. Weird... Faithfulness to sacred covenants? Well I am so excited to train a little kid in one of the most dangerous sectors in the mission.

Dianna, I compliment you for going out to work on a snow day, even though the rest of the mission did not. Oh I just remembered, Friday morning, I heard something that sounded like rain, but it was a bright summer day. I remembered what Dianna said about her neighbors house catching on fire, and how it sounded like rain. I got suspicious, opened our bathroom window, and stood in the windowsill, so I could see over the wall of our backyard. And there I was greeted by GIANT flames from a wildfire just 30 feet from our house. AAAAGGGHHH!!! So we throw some shoes on, and I grab my camera, and we take a few pictures as the firemen arrive, and put out this huge fire. Our neighbors FIELD for some reason was on fire, and it was a fire of at least 2 acres with FLAMES. I do not know how many acres were burned. Intense.

Wait so what happened in Tucson with the shooting? Please give more info by next week for sure... BTW, I have not gotten packages or letters yet. Just so you know. Well I love all of you guys so much! Since I have to move into a new house, I do not have so much time to write.. But you guys are so awesome! Happy Birthday Kristen, Carolyn and Matthew! You guys are all so awesome, and only 11 more months until I can see all of you again! Chao!

-Elder Nicholls

No comments:

Post a Comment